'Spose ya know that poi made from taro rules in Hawaii. And for good reason: it's a wonderful food.
The only challenge for non-locals is getting over the notion that you won't like it.
Wot's not to like? Think of poi as Hawaiian pudding.
Actually, that's pretty much what my friends' company, Taro Dream, has done.
Their product gives you a sweet dessert without the fat and excessive calories.
The kewl thang about poi is it's easily digestible and low allergenic, not to mention high in vitamins, minerals and enzymes. The nutrition in poi is better utilized than other foods due to fermentation and the small starch granules.
Poi has proven invaluable in the care of allergic individuals, malnourishment, special health problems and those recovering from illness. It also prevents dental caries.
Makes sense that Taro Dream focuses on the health benefits, especially for the 25 percent of people who have some kind of digestive problem. Digestive disorders have been identified as one of the three top health concerns.
According to Taro Dream, conditions that require ingestion of a nutritious, non-irritating food include:
- malnutrition occurring in alcohol and drug addiction
- infant nutritional impairment
- nephrotic syndrome
- celiac disease
- inflammatory bowel diseases
- functional bowel diseases
- gluten-sensitive enteropathies, including steatorrhea
- chronic pancreatitis
- chronic liver failure
- immunodeficiency diseases
- ketosis associated with renal failure, where a source of carbohydrate and fat supplementation is required to minimize protein catabolism
- cystic fibrosis
- digestive problems associated with cerebral palsy
- hereditary metabolic disorders
- senile anorexia
Taro Dream notes that food replacement products often have common allergens such as soy, dairy, wheat, and refined sugars. Taro Dream serves as an alternative to these allergen-based products.
Got it? Get it!
Coming soon to a West Coast retailer near you...